Tuesday, October 16, 2012
It All Started With Some Shoes....
Posted by
Tiffany
We are very quickly learning the differences between girls and boys. One is their choices in clothing, or lack thereof.
Noah is 3.5 now and still has no interest in what he wears. I tried to let him pick out his outfit for his first school pictures and he ended up with a shirt that was too big and pants that were too short. Perhaps picture day wasn't the ideal time to experiment with his clothing choosing abilities.
However, Audrey, has style! And it all started with these shoes!
We are so blessed to have so many awesome folks in our lives that have supplied lots of girl clothes to us! My brother passed down these super cute shoes from his super cute daughter, and while it might not be what I would have purchased, I was very appreciative.
Audrey discovered them one day in a box of hand-me-downs and immediately plopped down and began screeching to have them placed upon her dainty feet. Too bad her feet were size 3 and the shoes were size 5. She didn't care. Now, E.V.E.R.Y D.A.Y we must put on the sparkle shoes and not take them off until the very last possible second before nap or bath.
It didn't end there. She discovered a pair of pink corduroy pants from a darling whose name begins with N. Though the pants were cute, it was the attached shiny pink belt that made all of the difference. She will now dig into the washer, dryer, hamper, wherever and find those pants. Immediately the screaming begins and will not end until the pants are on her body. Operation midnight laundry has commenced so they will be clean enough if she finds them the next day (and she will!) I thought the solution might just be putting them higher up in her dresser. But she and Noah speak a magical language that only they can understand and Audrey convinces him to get the pants from the very top drawers of the dresser. They are in cahoots against mommy already!
Her newest obsession: Her cupcake hat. I quickly examined it at Target, as I thought it might look a bit small. I made the mistake of trying it on her head. Fortunately she did need a winter hat because there it has remained. For the first day, she didn't even let me cut off the tag off or the mittens that were attached.
As I wasn't particularly a "girly girl" growing up (in fact, I was just the opposite!), I had no idea this would come this early!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Tiffany, my husband and I laughed hysterically at this post! Your Audrey and our Addison are very much alike in this respect. I can't even remember when she started with clothing obsessions, but I know that as soon as she could walk, she would head straight for the full-length mirror as soon as her clothes or pjs went on. Her current clothing loves include a WAY-TOO-BIG for her pair of aqua crocs (which match essentially NOTHING in her wardrobe) and several necklaces. You can't leave the house without accessories! Come on now! What 2-year-old doesn't know that?! LOL!
ReplyDeleteI enjoy the days too when she decides that ONLY Elmo PJ pants are acceptable attire and has a complete meltdown on the floor while I try to put jeans or leggings on her. She screams "No! No! NOOOO! THOSE pants!" with an authoritative finger pointed at the Elmo pants.
She may not have the greatest taste as far as matching is concerned, but she knows what she wants, and she sure lets us know it!
She keeps us laughing. Having a girl is so so fun! :)